nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pathogens inoculation during Pruning/making of Cuttings

  • From: Heath Flax <8orge.onx@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pathogens inoculation during Pruning/making of Cuttings
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 08:44:53 -0400

This post will be in two parts:

1., to try to correct my last post's title since I neglected to
customize the title from just saying Nafex Volume whatever Index
whatever (kind of hoping any further replies would end of with a more
descriptive title, whether by changing the title of this last "nafex
Volume ... Issue..." post of mine, or dubbing another post as the one
to per se, respond to...).
And

2., to Melissa, to further respond to
your response.

1.After all, continued discussion, if any, best would be kept
organized and under a useful title...and seemingly such discussion
could be in the offing if others possibly may agree that my discussion
comment, that recent procedures having to do with doing plant disease
work, and probably resistant cultivar identification by inoculating,
and later on, analyzing, the inoculated plant material "ALL IN THE
LAB" could represent a Holy Grail for us plant experimenters working
toward disease resistance or immunity.
"IN THE LAB" does seem more efficient, does it not...especially
massively as to the overall Time factor such as "some" of that which
otherwise might be needed just to propagate, and maybe plant out,
test specimens and/or successive stages of specimens for most (except
final field testings) of the parts or levels of experimental.

2.Melissa: as to which pathogen I'm dealing with--can I prudently,
really say? Self-styled and maybe makeshift though my methods be, my
efforts with the blueberry fungus I'm working with, they are to me
meaningful and maybe even "serious", as they are directed at a problem
with blueberries that I consider arguably a serious one...and, thanks
to an unexpected possible "breakthrough"--something beyond anything
I've mentioned so far--from last year, I sense that I may be at the
stage of having two ", and soon probably to be more, "candidates" for,
well , at the very least, my considering trying to look at under
microscope (which I yet do not have, or quite yet know enough about
proceeding with)...and, even, if I had access to an laboratory "assay"
procedure (which may not at all yet exist for anything even close to
what I'm doing with blueberries), well, doing that (...may well be
"just dreaming" for now, as to prospects of an diagnostic assay,
here).

Heath
Zone 5-6 Massachusetts

  • Re: [NAFEX] Pathogens inoculation during Pruning/making of Cuttings, Heath Flax, 04/11/2009