nafex - [NAFEX] Grafts and freezing temperatures

  • From: "Mark and Alisha Fehringer" <markandalishafehringer@peetzplace.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafts and freezing temperatures
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:17:07 -0600

Does frost/freezing damage callusing grafts? All texts I have seen only specifiy daytime temperatures for grafting.  No mention is ever made of concerns about low temperatures.  Our wildly fluctuating spring temperatures will definitely expose new grafts to frost/freeze if following only daytime highs.

tc and Toni, I know where your blizzard went.

Mark
Northeast Colorado, where we don't have spring, only summer and winter taking turns.