nafex - [NAFEX] callous origination

  • From: "Mark and Alisha Fehringer" <markandalishafehringer@peetzplace.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] callous origination
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:58:33 -0600

Check out a copy of Plant Propagation: Principles and Practices by Hartmann and Kester.  This book has excellent information on all types of propagation; rooting cuttings, seeds, grafting, budding.  I think it said most callus comes from the rootstock, but some does come from the scion.  However, T-buds are pretty much entirely callused from the rootstock.  As for scion dormancy I don't know.  I seem to have a harder time rooting (callusing) grapes when the buds have already swollen.

Mark

  • [NAFEX] callous origination, Mark and Alisha Fehringer, 04/06/2009