nafex - Re: [NAFEX] the blizzard that wasn't

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] the blizzard that wasn't
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:43:06 -0500

Toni wrote:
"Was supposed to get 20 or something like that and strong wind. Don't know if that will happen. Maybe. "

It's looking pretty certain that tree fruit here is going to be few and far between.  With weather in the low 20s headed our way, just can't see much surviving.  Everything is just too far along.  There's still a few peach buds at calyx and a few pears at open cluster that may survive, but apples, plums, apricots are going to be a complete bust.

Oh well, at least glad of conventional agriculture that uses large quantities of fertilizer and chemicals to produce abundant cheap food, and large trucks that use lots of fuel to get it near my door.

Mark
KS