nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Marionberry

  • From: Betty Mayfield <bmayfield@opusnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Marionberry
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:00:31 -0700

Scott,

My only encounter with Marion berries has been with pie in a restaurant, and I found them to have no distinctive flavor. However, since Michael said people have been mixing inferior berries in with them and passing them off as Marion, it may be that my piece of pie was mixed berries. I know Cascade are too tender to ship commercially.

I guess the only real way to make sure of what you are getting is to grow them yourself.

Betty Mayfield
northwest Oregon