nafex - Re: [NAFEX] free fruit

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] free fruit
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:39:06 -0600

New things take some getting used to. Back in college a girl was passing
around some Ground Cherries that her parents had brought. I tasted. They
were okay but clearly she prized them much more than I, so I felt it right
not to deprive her of any more of her limited supply. Now I know where to
find my own so I have developed more appreciation for them.

I grew up in a neighborhood with mulberries and persimmons. We kids would
go after the trees but the adults would not.
Naomi