nafex - [NAFEX] Grafting by the moon (totally on topic)

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafting by the moon (totally on topic)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:31:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone out there grafts by the moon signs. I read about
grafts being more likely to take when done during a waxing moon (going
towards a full moon) rather than a waning moon (going towards new moon). My
vast grafting experience ;) indicates that this does work although my work is
rather statistically insignificant having been done in large numbers over
only a few years.

Sounds like a lot of Foxfire folklore at first, but if you consider that the
moon has the ability to move the ocean into tides perhaps it stands to reason
that it could also pull more sap up the rootstock resulting in a greater
likelihood of a graft healing before drying out and therefore being
successful.

Thoughts???

Sarah
zone 3