nafex - Re: [NAFEX] weather to economics, OT

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] weather to economics, OT
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:45:51 -0600

On the one hand adding  to the current tax on petroleum  products has definite merit towards reducing consumption.  On the other hand it will most directly hurt lower income people who cannot afford to trade up to more efficient cars.

On fallen fruit.  I do have a certain amount of my own of course and now I am adding nuts.  But chickens and goats are happy to help with extras.  I generally make arrangements with local real farmers to pick up what falls down.  And then there are the after Halloween pumpkins.

Naomi