nafex - [NAFEX] Fimco trailer sprayers

  • From: "V. Michael Bove, Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fimco trailer sprayers
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:19:04 -0400

Hoping to save my back from the weight of a full backpack sprayer I'd decided to get a 15-gallon Fimco trailer sprayer this year, and when I saw that the Tractor Supply store had them on sale this weekend for what seemed to be $50-60 less than all the mail-order suppliers were asking, I grabbed one.

After getting it home I found that there are two variants of Fimco 15- gallon sprayer: the one that pretty much every other place carries (with a 2 GPM pump), and the one that Tractor Supply carries (essentially the same but with a 1 GPM pump and a slightly different spray wand). Does anyone have experience spraying dwarf trees with the latter? Just making sure I won't be too disappointed with the reach or coverage... Thanks.

--Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)