nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Thoughts on Early Season Tree Spraying?

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Thoughts on Early Season Tree Spraying?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:45:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I have always applied dormant oil spray at this time. It controls aphids by
suffocating the eggs (assuming that it is applied properly...i.e., by
spraying upwards so that the spray enters the downward-pointing cracks in the
bark, which is where aphids lay their eggs). Dormant oil can be applied at
any time of the year when frost is not expected withing 48 hours.

Eddie Earles