nafex - [NAFEX] Thoughts on Early Season Tree Spraying?

  • From: <adaggy@twcny.rr.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Thoughts on Early Season Tree Spraying?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:17:40 -0400

I have been developing a spray schedule for my apple trees this year. In my
research, I have come across several university extension sites that
recommend dormant oil spray, bordeaux spray, or both at this time of the
year. I am curious what other people think about which option to choose.
Also, if doing both bordeaux and dormant oil, which would you apply first?
Are there temperature restrictions for bordeaux spray? The trees in question
are in Zone 5A.