nafex - Re: [NAFEX] late bloomers

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] late bloomers
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:12:06 -0600

Title: Message
Matt, the cultivars most often noted for blooming especially late are Northern Spy, which you already have, King, Rome Beauty (Rome), Goldrush, Bramley's Seedling, and the latest of all, Court Pendu Plat (sometimes called the wise apple because it blooms so late).  Unfortunately, I know nothing more about this very old cultivar. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4b)