nafex - [NAFEX] Yard Motion Detectors

  • From: Don Yellman <don.yellman@webformation.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Yard Motion Detectors
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:37:45 -0500

For Richard Murphy:

Google "Dakota Alert" and you will find what I believe to be the best
heat/motion detector on the market, though they are not cheap. I have an older model
made back in the days when the serial # was hand lettered by South Dakota persons
inside the transmitter unit, and a newer one (the 3000) that operates on a higher
frequency and is even better. Multiple transmitters may be used with a single
receiver, and vice-versa. X-mitter unit uses a 9 volt battery which lasts much longer
than double A types, while the receiver operates on line voltage and is located on your
bedstand or in the kitchen. Make sure you choose the unit with an X-mitter intended
for outdoor use. These are very rugged and well sealed, and can be relocated easily by
mounting on a stamped steel post.

There are cheaper units on the market, but they are junk compared with the
Dakota. I noticed that the price on a matching set of the 3000 model has
actually declined since I bought my last one -- to $159. These alerts will
absolutely inform you when there are deer in the area, or even a bunny. How
you deal with the situation after that is your business.

Don Yellman

  • [NAFEX] Yard Motion Detectors, Don Yellman, 02/27/2009