nafex - [NAFEX] Mapping Tree Locations

  • From: "Glenn & Kathy Russell" <GlennAndKathy2@cox.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mapping Tree Locations
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:54:59 -0500

Here’s another idea… Google Earth has been around for a while and we’ve all gotten used to the nice satellite images, but I’ve found this to be even better…  http://maps.live.com/  I’m not sure if it’s available in all locations, but in all of Rhode Island, and many other areas, these are aerial views (from airplane I believe, not satellite).  With Google Earth, I can see that there is a car in my driveway when the image was snapped.  I think I can almost make out that it’s my mom’s car.   With these areal views, I can see much smaller details on my property, and from 4 angles even.  I can easily see my small azaleas, ridge vents on my roof, and can almost look in my windows.  This isn’t mapping software, but it can produce great pictures of your property that you could label.

   -Glenn