nafex - [NAFEX] the zone of the fluffy one

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] the zone of the fluffy one
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:10:01 -0800

My comments were general, and meant to be general. My work takes me all over
the country, and maybe the one thing I actually think is a fact, is things
are regional.

For the record they USDA says I am in zone 5a, they are incorrect. The zones
are based on averages, but my own records indicate I am in zone 4b when you
compute the averages since I moved in - just barely. What happens around
here is every 5-7 years we have a cold blast where the ground freezes to 3
1/2 to 4 feet and the wind chill hits the -40-50 for a couple of weeks. If
you grow for zone 5 you lose valuable plants.

Fortunately Al Gore tells me I am in for awarming so I am waiting the day I
can plant apricots and Grape Fruits.

Anyways...

fluffy - USDA 5a - reality says 4b.

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] the zone of the fluffy one, fuwa fuwa usagi, 02/21/2009