nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Thornless Blackberries

  • From: Bob Randall <YearRoundGardening@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Thornless Blackberries
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:21:47 -0600

Much depends on where you are located. The only Arkansas blackberry I would recommend this far south in Houston is Kiowa (which is very thorny). There are others that work.  The issue is winter chill.  If you have a similar winter climate to Arkansas, then there are many options.  If not, you may also need to do some more work.

Over the years I have cobbled together these comparisons (see below).  Please excuse the large font.  I pasted it from a presentation. Bob Randall