nafex - [NAFEX] bug aspirator

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bug aspirator
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:52:56 -0800

I bought this little thing from Gempler's.
It's a bug aspirator. I vacuums up bugs, on a tiny scale, for evaluation.
I don't see why a larger one wouldn't work, unless you're doing a whole acre by yourself.

It's a jar with 2 pipes coming out. (approx 0.25" ID)
The Inlet Pipe is placed near the bug,
The Outlet, has a screen on the end inside the jar, and a long rubber hose to your mouth.
You actually 'take a huge hit' on this thing, and that bug goes into the jar.

This is how I vacuumed up those horrible click beetles that whacked my cherry trees.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] bug aspirator, Richard MURPHY, 02/19/2009