nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How many berries

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How many berries
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:49:54 -0600

I'd recommend Caroline (superb flavor and productive, too) and Autumn
Bliss (very dependable and flavorful). Since you live in a climate that
has a longer,growing season than here, Heritage would probably be an
excellent. Royalty is an excellent purple, but I like it only processed
-- I do not like its flavor raw; it makes killer jam and ice cream
topping! My favorite bramble nursery is Nourse Farms, which also sells
to commercial growers and whose catalog has lots of useful info. -- Sam
Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA hardiness zone 4b).