nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honey Bees & Grapes Anthony Curcio

  • From: Anthony Curcio <apc@vassolinc.com>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honey Bees & Grapes Anthony Curcio
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:46:12 -0600

. They were also

covered - thickly covered - in honey bees. I've never seen so many bees

in my life!

Bill,

I don't think the bees were after your grapes. My bet is you witnessed a " swarm ". When bees are moving into a new house they all get together at a local spot and then move in to their new abode. The giant bee you described was the Queen. Bees take very good care of the Queen as the future of the colony depends on her. Also bees seldom if ever sting when they swarm. Since the bees are in the open there is no need to protect the hive.

You seem pretty cool and collected with the girls you may think about getting a hive for yourself.

Anthony z4b Nth. IL.

Anthony P. Curcio
CEO
VasSol, Inc.
833 W. Jackson 8flr.
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone- 312-601-4431
Fax - 312-601-4451

  • Re: [NAFEX] Honey Bees & Grapes Anthony Curcio, Anthony Curcio, 02/17/2009