nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon question for Jerry L - Anthony Curcio

  • From: Anthony Curcio <apc@vassolinc.com>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon question for Jerry L - Anthony Curcio
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:34:03 -0600

Your advise to never eat a persimmon is, based on my 19 years of persimmon
growing and breeding experience with the 90 C American persimmon, ill advised
Jerry Lehman
7780 Persimmon St.
Terre Haute, IN 47802-4994

Jerry,
Might I tap into your 19 yrs. of experience. We have two Meader trees, one
fruited this past year and was excellent. First, should we prune a Persimmon
as any other fruit tree, cut off low branches, branches growing inward, etc.
? When is the best time to prune. What other varieties should we try ?
Nursery, or do you have trees available ? We were told about Nolin but have
not gotten a call through, I am not sure if they were in the Ice Storm.
Thank you, Anthony Nth. IL. z4b