nafex - [NAFEX] cherry-plum spacing

  • From: "Anton Ptak" <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cherry-plum spacing
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:38:42 -0600

In our planting planned for this year we have a couple varieties of cherry-plums we're putting in the ground - about 10 each of compass and red diamond. Does anyone have spacing advice for these fruits or know how high they may get? I've read various spacing recommendations that differ quite a bit from 6 or 8ft to 15ft between plants. Also curious about bloom time (I have heard they're later than plums, so am guessing they bloom with cherries)

Anton Ptak
western WI zone 4a