nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapple: an apple that tastes like grapes.

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapple: an apple that tastes like grapes.
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:32:53 -0600

I thought that was amusing. I found a pack of 4 apples at the local store labled as Grapple.

Amusing, yes. But I tried them once, and I couldn't believe how bad they were. They didn't taste like grapes, but like grape pop (sort of). It was a very artificial taste. Then again, I'm not the target demographic, I'm sure. Maybe kids would like something that tasted like that, but I certainly didn't!

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
It rains on the just and the unjust, but rarely just enough on either. - Lemuel K. Washburn