nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grapes for raisins in wisconsin

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grapes for raisins in wisconsin
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:58:38 -0800

About the closest thing to that is Reliance. It's productive and makes pretty good raisins and is larger than Canadice, but it's reliably hardy only to -25 F. Might be worth some winter protection.
Drying ratio is close to 10 to 1, so you'll need a LOT of them.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/