nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Calcium tying up boron???

  • From: "Mathew Waehner" <waehner@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Calcium tying up boron???
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:08:23 -0500

The NC Extension service says "Soil analysis does not measure levels of boron because no reliable tests are available. However, a report may recommend applying boron for crops that are known to respond to it..."

I assume that it is relatively easy to determine how much boron is present is a soil sample, so the difficulty must be in determining how much is bioavailable.

The link is here; sorry it's a PDF, the relevant part is on the ninth page.  http://www.agr.state.nc.us/agronomi/pdffiles/essnutr.pdf