nafex - Re: [NAFEX] agronimy question

  • From: Jon Place <jonp1@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] agronimy question
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:23:50 -0500

I'm no professional, but my understanding is not to bother with blueberries when the soil pH is that high. I'd imagine the yearly sulfur applications would be off the charts. Would such extreme sulfur applications have negative affects elsewhere in the health of the soil and ultimately the blueberries? I'm of the mindset not to force nature (soil) to do something it's not ready to do - perhaps there are other fruit crops that would be a better alternative?