nafex - [NAFEX] agronimy question

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] agronimy question
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:00:00 -0500

Forget what I suggested about the soils I'm trying to amend being sodic.  They don't fit the definition upon further reading.  The soils I'm dealing with are deficient in calcium but have an excessively high pH of 7.6.  I'm assuming that I'll have to add gypsum to increase the calcium without driving up the pH further and than add additional sulfur to bring the pH down.  I just wondered if anyone out ther has encountered a similar soil and if they succesfullly brought down the pH  and if so with what quantities of what.