nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Aronia question for Donna &/or Kieran

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Aronia question for Donna &/or Kieran
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:15:21 -0600

Anthony asked:
Doreen, Hidden Springs lists 5 varieties. Can you tell what you chose to start with and will you try the others? Under the same snow just down the road from you..

I only have the two russets I mentioned, Ashmead's Kernel and Pitsmaston Pineapple. I have Sops of Wine, Pixie Crunch, Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp and a mystery apple all on Bud 9, too.
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b, WI-IL Border, where the sun is shining today, but it's still in the single digits!