nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit Berry and Nut Inventory

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit Berry and Nut Inventory
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:47:15 -0500

When I endorsed "Fruit Berry and Nut Inventory" I was speaking of its usefulness as a source for nursery sources.  It's OK for fruit descriptions and I think it only occasionally gets cultivar descriptions from the sellers- like when it is an exclusive or near exclusive source.  I believe some of the heirloom apple descriptions come from Beach's "Apples of NY" which has to be as good a source as any for cultivar descriptions.  Describing the quality of fruit cultivars can never be definitive- the only way to know how a tree will do on your location is to grow it there for a decade or two.