nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [Fwd: Home Energy], OT

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [Fwd: Home Energy], OT
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:42:15 -0600

That's an accomplishment you should be proud of, Stephen. When I was
exploring ways that cooling bills (i.e. air conditioning costs) could be
reduced, I looked into installing a whole house fan and found that they
are illegal in St. Paul because of the increased fire risk they pose.

However, my folks had a whole house fan in Kansas and it worked
beautifully to force hot air out of the house (especially the attic) at
night and to pull cool night air in. -- Sam Brungardt