nafex - [NAFEX] Asian/American Plums

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Asian/American Plums
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:41:06 -0600

William Garthright wrote, "Regarding Asian/American hybrid plums, like the recently discussed 'Superior': I've read that pollination can be problematic with these. Specifically, some say they pollinate each other, while others say that they can only be pollinated by wild plums, and that the people who think their hybrid."

Putting all rumors and speculations aside, my 'Superior' Plum produces full crops of fruit and there isn't a wild plum within miles.

We Americans tend to believe that anything written in a book is truth whereas a published work is no more than someone's (sometimes uneducated) opinion. Don't believe everything you read.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: