nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Burn control regulations

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Burn control regulations
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 8:38:03 -0500

Hmmm, my densely populated suburb mostly bans burning (for air pollution
reasons) but recreational fires are fine with no permit required, and the
town dump accepts brush and leaves for composting. It also does a brisk
business in compost.

I'd also fall in the category of 'who would know if you ate the squirrels,
instead of dumping them?' I'd assume that law is on the books to prevent
people trapping game _instead_ of hunting it. Sort of an
unsportsmanlikeway to harvest the deer. But since you are killing the
squirrels anyway, who can you be harming? (well, yourself, if you don't
cook them well enough, I suppose.)
___
Ginda