nafex - [NAFEX] Seeking information on 'Klapperton Red' pear

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seeking information on 'Klapperton Red' pear
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

I recently tried a delicious pear from Organic Planet Market in Edmonton.
These 'Klapperton Red' pears were a smaller sized, brilliant red (not dark
red like a Red Anjou or Bartlett, more of a bright deep pink), very juicy and
delicious desert pear. I've never seen or heard of them before and I'm
curious to know more about them (where developed, parentage,
growth/harvest/storage/hardiness information, etc). All I could find on the
internet was that three different organic wholesalers in the B.C. Okanogan
offered the pears for sale.

Thank-you (and I apologise for filling your inbox this afternoon),

Sarah Ewing