nafex - [NAFEX] Scrubbing Apples

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Scrubbing Apples
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:50:08 -0700

A comment to the fellow scrubbing apples because they're black;

Watch out if you're using a Scotch Brite (or equiv) scouring pad. I'd be concerned about tiny cuts in the skin of the apples, and the rot that will soon follow. Try a wash cloth and some non scented soap & water. I had Sooty Blotch on a bunch of Jonafreee apples, and it did a decent job taking it off. The next year, I maintained a better spray schedule, and had no Sooty Blotch to clean off. It's been my experience that Flyspeck doesn't wash off no matter what, unless somebody knows otherwise.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Scrubbing Apples, Richard MURPHY, 10/21/2008