nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple poll / late season

  • From: "D Stubbs" <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple poll / late season
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 05:52:07 -0500

Yep! I get the egg-on-my-face award for this one, I have Redwell, not Redfree.
Regarding season - some of our apples are 4 to 6 weeks out of season this year - I call Chestnut apple-crab our 'wild rice apple' because it is what we eat dozens of while ricing in late August / early Sept. - they are just now getting ripe.
Del Z2/3