nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hudson's Golden Gem apple

  • From: Karen Tillou <arboretum@homeorchardsociety.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hudson's Golden Gem apple
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:23:54 -0700

out here hudson's does very well, flavors and textures as you all have described. it does get apple maggot along with all the other russets, and i notice a tendency towards bitter pit too.  but it's a perennial favorite.  i've never made a single variety batch of hard cider with it, but this year i might have enough seconds to do so...
karen
oregon city, OR - zone 8a and wet