nafex - Re: [NAFEX] black walnut & pecan soils

  • From: Scott Gothard <gothardscott@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] black walnut & pecan soils
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

I'm in zone 6b. This field is just on the north side of Crowley's Ridge in NE AR. Trees I have growing on the fence rows are Shagbark hickory, white & red oak, white ash, persimon, and a plethora of sweetgum that I constantly mow in the field. It has a slight slope, maybe 5 - 10% torward the north. Wild blackberries also grow & spread very well here. It stays well drained most of the year,however in the late winter & early spring I get alot of seep water from the ridge. Thanks!