nafex - [NAFEX] brown rot on plums

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] brown rot on plums
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:47:10 -0400

I was going to address this to Ed but I thought it might be of interest to others on list.

Ed, Hi.  Have you tried Indar or Pristine fungicides?  Up here the brown rot on plums doesn't start showing up until about 6 weeks or so before ripening.  Because scab isn't an issue as on peaches, if I catch the brown rot even after it has started I can stop it in its tracks with Indar or Pristine.  Do the plums down there start to rot a lot sooner before reaching ripeness?

As far as your multiple generations of plum curculio, it makes me awfully skeptical of your famous claim that heaven is within you area code.

  • [NAFEX] brown rot on plums, Alan Haigh, 09/12/2008