nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Euro plums in Kentucky

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: jas39a@earthlink.net, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Euro plums in Kentucky
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:28:50 -0400

Eddie:

     Never found a true "damson" type which I thought was much for fresh eating, but all are good for processing.  Yes Seneca will work in KY, but I never really thought is was much better than many of the other large blue types.  Or it is okay.  And most all Europeans bloom some 4-5 days after Redhaven or did at my location.  Also Japanese beetles love ALL plums and they are an annual problem in the lower midwest including KY.

      Please define how many sprays you use or for "heavy spraying"?