nafex - [NAFEX] Autumn olives plantings in WV

  • From: "Harrick, Barbara" <b.harrick@ilslaunch.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Autumn olives plantings in WV
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:37:18 -0400

Hi Hector and all. You will be pleased to know that either the National
Forest Service or the West VA Dept. of Natural Resources has planted
many autumn olives at least in the Smokehole region (near Upper Tract,
WV) of the Monongahela National Forest. They have been planted all along
the South Branch of the North Fork of the Potomac River in the Big Bend
recreational area. We were just there over the Labor Day holiday and my
botanist friend discovered them and even mentioned that they were now
considered a pest. Don't know how far the planting has gone or even if
it is being continued, but they were numerous along the path that
follows the river.

Barbara

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer
International Launch Services
1875 Explorer Street, Suite 700
Reston, VA 20190
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536

DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International
Launch Services, Inc. and/or Lockheed Khrunichev Energia International
Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the original transmitter
immediately by phone or by e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies that may have been made of it.

Message: 2