nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hungarian apple ID?

  • From: derry&bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hungarian apple ID?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:59:46 -0700

Ginda,

I have an apple called Jupiter. It's a Cox's Orange cross from England. 1981.

Crawford describes it as large round-conical, greenish-yellow striped and flushed orange-red; flesh white, sweet, juicy, aromatic, flavour intense, robust; fruit often misshapen; pick early October, stores to January. Triploid.

I haven't had fruit yet.

Derry Walsh
South coastal B.C.

Ginda Fisher wrote:
I asked what it was, but had trouble with the accent of the man who answered. It sounded like 'europa' or 'jupiter', and might be something in Hungarian. Does anyone care to guess what it was?