nafex - [NAFEX] Blackbewrry Taste

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Blackbewrry Taste
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:00:49 -0500

Bill from Nebraska wrote, "But the bigger problem, I guess, is that I've never eaten a good blackberry. As I said, the ones I've bought were like little lemons. And considering that I'm rapidly running out of room to plant anything new, I haven't been inclined to make room for blackberries."

Bill,
In order of sweetness of blackberries that would thrive in your area are, 1) Thibodeau, 2) Bangor and 3) Fort Kent. Thibodeau is available from NAFEX member Heron Breen and Fort Kent is sold by FEDCO Trees.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Blackbewrry Taste, Jim Fruth, 08/11/2008