nafex - Re: [NAFEX] squirrels as food

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] squirrels as food
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:16:59 -0400

Dear all,
What about slugs? Are they edible? We eat escargot, a snail carrying its shell, so I have started wondering about slugs. I can tell you that they are plentiful in this part of the world right now, with the unusual overcast skies and daily downpours we have been having. We find slugs everywhere. It would be pointless to tell you what they are capable of when they are present in great numbers.
However, if we though of them as a source of easily accessible protein, then it could be seen as a bonus....
Any comments or recipes?

Hélène, zone 4, north of Ottawa
----- Original Message ----- From: <Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov>