nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Question

  • From: "Robert Bruns" <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • To: phainopepla@yahoo.com, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Question
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:48:22 -0400

I had a peach tree come up from next to my compost pile, obviously from a store-bought peach whose seed I'd tossed there.  I let it grow, and the peaches ended up tasting just as good as store-bought ones, although they are a little smaller.  I'd say go ahead and plant your plum seed.  You'll need to stratify it, either by keeping it in a plastic bag in the fridge over the winter or by planting it in the ground and waiting until spring for it to sprout.

Fred
central Indiana
zone 5b