nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Luscious pear

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Luscious pear
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:51:23 +0000

Lusc. tentatively doing fine here, in south-central WI, also z4, altho the
hardiness challenge here can often be the fluctuating temperatures as much as
low temps.

The bigger problem is Lusc. is it tends to over-bear and break its branches.
That's what I read, and ignored, and learned the hard way.

> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:55:29 -0400
> To: nafex
> From: cjoli
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Luscious pear
>
> In my location near Quebec City, zone 4, Luscious is very hardy.
> Claude
>

> A 12:52 08.06.13 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>>Anyone have experience with the hardiness of Luscious pear? I see
>>its hardiness listed as zone5, zone4, or zone3. I don't know what to
>>believe of hardiness zones listed for plants by sellers? They seem
>>to push plant hardiness as more hardy than they really are.

Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback.
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=srchpaysyouback