nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Luscious pear-- flavor

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Luscious pear-- flavor
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:10:17 -0500

Tanis, I'm so thrilled to hear that Luscious is that good. I got scions of it and Richard Peters pear from a former Nafex member who said that the PA breeders who introduced RP only praised it for it's blight resistance, but he thinks it's really very good. He also sent me Indepenza, but I can't find a single reference to it anywhere. If the cicadas haven't ruined the branches I grafted on, I now have young trees topgrafted to these 3 and Douglas, Abbe Fetel, Duchess d'Angouleme, Atlantic Queen. (My husband says it may be spelled Independenza .) I'm wanting to try Eureka, Surecrop, and a whole bunch of others. If anyone is familiar with any of these, I'd like to know about quality, etc. It's so hard to find anything out about them, besides the official reports at the Corvallis site. Donna