nafex - [NAFEX] blueberry flavor re; Betty's palate

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] blueberry flavor re; Betty's palate
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:23:52 -0400

You can't respectfully disagree with a growers experience in another part of the country and be at all sure you know what you're talking about so I'll simply say my experience is different although I'm not sure if it's location or palate.  I grow Blueray and haven't had the same experience of it tasting "wild".  I have eaten wild highbush blueberries and have not found them all that different from the domesticated varieties I grow.

One thing I feel certain of, you can't count on any fruit variety tasting the same in differnt climates and no one has ever expressed disappointment in the flavor of any of the varieties I grow although I'd say Darrow is the most intense, probably because its' yealds are so stingy.  If you want more acid you can always pick them a bit young.

  • [NAFEX] blueberry flavor re; Betty's palate, Alan Haigh, 06/04/2008