nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Scab

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Scab
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:11:34 -0400

On May 30, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Mark Dorogi wrote:
. . .
I have an Ashmead’s Kernel. It always sets heavily and early too. I don’t know if it’s genetically prone, but mine is certainly more prone to maladies than any other tree I have, not just scab, but for some reason even the PC and codling moth seem to like it the most. . . .

I have a big limb of Ashmead's Kernal. It is also more susceptible to winter moth than most of the others. Looks like it set fruit this year, however. I've started bagging, and hope to finish that tomorrow. (Not that I have a huge amount of fruitlets, but I ran out of baggies.)

Ginda