nafex - Re: [NAFEX] To bemuse you; one confused Liberty apple tree

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] To bemuse you; one confused Liberty apple tree
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 17:02:39 -0700

I'm seeing the same thing here in western Oregon, both on apples and on Mayhaws and other hawthorns.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/
On May 24, 2008, at 4:49 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

Well here in zone 4b/5a land 50 miles west from the Chicago lake front we have had on very late spring. In fact I had seeded and my Kentucky blue grass and it had started to grow when we had a couple on inches of snow. Anyways, my trees are all confused now. My Liberty apple has always bloomed over a few weeks but this year it is totally confused. Most of the entire tree has bloomed and the blossoms are dropping but a few are still in the red tip stage and at the same time I have some apple formation between 3/8ths and 1/2 inch.

Anyways, I just thought that amuse some of you.

NanaKorobiYaOki,

FuwaFuwaUsagi