nafex - [NAFEX] Fw: Tissue culture of American Persimmons

  • From: William McNam <billmcnam@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fw: Tissue culture of American Persimmons
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

To:
"Lon Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
Cc:
nafex@lists.ibiblio.org

I and the Head Plants propagator at Western Maine Nurseries did some research,
and said heck, half these books that say No to green cuttings all 30 years old,
so we said we'll give it a try. They took. Whether or not they will survive the
Winter in the climate-control is another story, but Steve Effner (guy mentioned
above) hasn't given me any updates that they have died. Maybe the efforts of a
professional Prop Lab makes the difference. I think own-root peaches are also a
great thing for cold climates and I am experimenting with those as well.
I'll know more in a few weeks with a status report.
Heron
On Fri Nov  5 11:32 , Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com> sent: