nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Groundhog Bait

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Groundhog Bait
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:46:49 -0500

Our community garden is plagued by groundhogs. We trap a lot of them
with Hav-a-Hart traps using crucifer (cabbage-family) greens for bait:
Collards, cabbage -- anything in that family seems to be a magnet for
them (and these crops are always the first thing they destroy in the
plots early in the season). -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.